Tuesday, December 16, 2014






     Boots of Spanish Jamon

     It's hard to admit, but my last study trip has come and gone and this is my last week of school in Italy! As you can imagine, I have a lot of emotions pulsing through me right now and it's been a whirlwind of a month so far. In three weeks, I'll be starting a new portion of my life in the UK, leaving this funny little Mediterranean boot behind. Before I do, I plan on getting a few more festive posts in to show that I'm not a big ol grinch, contrary to my recent tweeting habits...aiyah. Here are some of the pictures from our recent trip to the southern most portion of Spain, Andalusia. As a side note, I haven't written in a while as my computer started producing unwanted vocal percussive beats of doom. Said beats have subsided for now, #neverforget #italianhail2014. 

Grinch-colored olive oil

A pit for aging olives outside...and hiding murders

Vegetable plot on the citrus farm we visited

We always seem to see at least one donkey

Citrus grove that dreams are made of

Big, ol crawdads

     As my first time traveling in Spain, I can say it wasn't what I expected,but it was pretty wonderful. Except for losing my coat. I want that back. 
     To change pace a bit, tonight I'm making latkes with some friends to celebrate the first nigth of Hanukkah (don't worry, one of us is Jewish, we don't just appropriate everything we please). Expect a lot of fried food and Christmas cookies next time you see this ugly mug around these parts. Until then, Happy Hanukkah, yous guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment