Saturday, January 10, 2015






     From Chili to Haggis

     Even though I'm slightly jealous of the 75 degree weather that Northern Italy has just experienced, I'm pleased to say I've made it to icy Scotland in one piece. Real talk, though, it should not be 75 degrees so close to the Alps in January. Scotland has already proven to be an excellent new city to live in: they offer haggis-flavored potato chips! Mmmmmm, offal.
     To celebrate my last days in Italy, I decided to have a chili party, naturally. Due to my shocking popularity, two other friends and I tore apart that chili pot like it was going out of style. Topped with questionable dairy components and served with pumpkin cornbread, we basically rolled outta that place. We finished the night with salted caramel brownies and refused to look back. We had consumed enough for three nights, but as last suppers go, it was very fitting.
     I'm very excited to have the opportunity to learn from Scotland's food culture and truly make use of what the land (and sea) have to offer; my internship here will hopefully aid me in this quest. It's hard to say what the future will hold for me here, but it will definitely include good humored fun, plenty of ale, and a touch of the mystic. Just kidding, I've been watching too much Outlander for my own good.






    Look at that cheese-to-chili ratio. Nailed it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment