Thursday, February 19, 2015



   You can run, but you can't hide...

     Somehow, all the way here in Scotland, Italy found me in the form of Gaia's Delicatessen. When the magazine I intern at asked me to do a review at an Italian joint, I hesitated. Clearly I love Italian food in all of its complex forms, but I wanted to try new things again! Alas, I agreed and was sent on a very delicious mission.
     The owners are Sicilian so clearly we immediately formed a bond of friendship that would last forever. At the end of my meal, I talked to Paola, one of the owners, about my time in Italy,food, Sicily, Sicilian food, and how a canolo is the only proper way to finish a good meal. I promised to go back, but seeing as I'll be able to get my paws on the real deal again in two weeks when I graduate, I'll probably wait just a wee bit. 

GAIA



Really nice homemade pasta with seafood and chili oil. I added parmigiano because I take your traditions and put cheese on them, too. 


Mozzarella and caponata panino. Man, that was a killer sandwich. Caponata is just eggplant that's normally cooked with capers, celery, vinegar, and maybe some sugar. It paired nicely with the milkiness of the cheese. 


Well, there's half of the conolo, the other half disappeared into the Aether. 



No comments:

Post a Comment