Thursday, May 21, 2015






     A tribute to Avena

    There are two things that I really missed while I was away: one was my ice cream machine and the other was my blender. The former of the two has yet to make an appearance, but the blender has been put into over-drive. I'm basically only eating blended food at this point, jam-hands style. Cold-brewed coffee is also currently in the mix, but I'm not sure it's worth my precious lounging time. I also started making oat milk because it's all I drank in Scotland, but I can't find it here. To make oat milk, soak one cup of steel cut oats overnight in water and rinse them before use. Then, add the oats and three cups of cool water to your blender. Blend until smooth. Add a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of vanilla (optional) and a few teaspoons of the sweetener of your choice (I used maple syrup). Lastly, strain the mixture into a vessel and store in the fridge, I reckon it will keep for a week. 

---
  One of the smoothies I've been jammin on recently is this gross looking green guy. To make it, start by placing two cups of spinach in your blender followed by a glob (I'm not judging you) of peanut butter, a banana that has been sliced, two dates that have been finely diced, and one cup of oat milk. You may need more liquid if you choose to use a different milk. Blend until smooth and enjoy eating greens in the mornin. 



As a parting note, I would like to share an image I found in a NJ Unos last weekend after seeing Pitch Perfect 2.


Shine on.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment