Tuesday, September 24, 2013



      The Rebirth of the Family Meal

         When I was growing up, we never really had a super-strict dining schedule. For a while we all ate together, but by the time we were tweens, it was difficult to get everyone at the table. I didn't realize the strength of a shared meal completely until I went to college. Between copious dining hall meals, brunches, Taco Tuesdays, and holiday potlucks, I realized that everyone was missing the table. In a strange twist of events, our plugged-in, tuned-out generation was demanding community. For me, that's what breaking bread is all about. Sharing a meal is sharing a moment. In a time when no one is truly ever alone thanks to the black magic that is the internet and social media, it amazes me to see how many people are lonely. Remedy this. Invite some friends over. Make a meal. Share. Repeat.



 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment