Friday, October 4, 2013




 "You make it too comfortable for me to eat all the time." E.L. Hooven


 Shouldn't we always be comfortable with the food we are eating? I believe in this scripture and I also think that the colder months are the perfect time to practice this. My friend and I recently spent time together and realized that we were both going to sacrifice each other to the food gods if we weren't fed immediately. We were getting coffee and decided to grab some croissants and a terrible beauty was born.

Autumnal Toasted Cheese Sandwich


Mmmmmm, fig jam. This is the first layer of the sammich.


Give that pastry a dainty layer.


He's pretty good with dainty things.


Next, pick your cheese. I went with pure cheddar while my friend opted for a cheddar/provolone combo. Try different cheeses, if you please.


Good luck!


While that jon is getting real toasty, you'll want to slice some apples thinly and mince some rosemary. 


***




Evenly place the apple slices and the rosemary.


Lastly, I topped our sandwiches with a maple-ginger aioli. To do this, I added a touch of maple syrup and powdered ginger to store-bought mayonnaise. Sorry I didn't make my own aioli, I couldn't concentrate enough with all of the battle cries emanating from my stomach.  

Battles were won that day. Our savage stomachs were soothed and sated. 










No comments:

Post a Comment