Sunday, June 15, 2014






     Pen & Fork Pals

     Then she got an idea...the girl got a wonderful, awful idea! The idea goes something like this:
    
     I would love for you readers (if you are in fact people/dogs, and not robots/cats) to send me a postcard from where ever you may be. Whatever you choose to write is up to you, however, there is one rule that must be followed. The postcard must have a depiction of food on it in some shape or form. After I receive the card, I will create my own interpretation of the pictured food and will include you in the post. As an example, Nicole, a friend from the states, sent me a lovely postcard with ice cream cones on it. Here's what I whipped up.

     Cherry Coconut Ice Pops


     Unfortunately, not all of the fruit here is always ripe. When that happens, I smack some sugar down on that jawn and a fruity treat is born. To start, I sauteed the sliced and pitted cherries with the sugar until they became thick and glossy. I added a tiny pinch of salt and let them cool for a bit before scooping them into the blender. I then added the coconut and soy milk to the mix. Blend the fruit mixture until there are no large specks of skin left. Place in the molds of your choosing and freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight. This batch made eight pops in total. 

     So, do the right thing. Send me some mail. 

Università degli Studi di Scienze Gastronomiche Kelsey FC 15 Via Amedeo di Savoia, 8 12042 Pollenzo, Bra (CN) Italy


Recipe
3 c of cherries, pitted and sliced
1/3 c sugar
1 small pinch of salt
1/2 c coconut milk
1/2 c soy milk (unsweetened) 


1 comment: